Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Countdown!!

I guess a 10 day count down would have made more sense than a 5 day count down. I'm a procrastinator so it only seems fitting to start the count down today. Better late than never right? Let's just hope I get to the starting line on time race day. I still need to get MOVING on some last minute details but from perspective of a pitiful procrastinator things are coming together.

I've been coming up with a list of 26 things to pray for during the marathon. Taryn who started Running for the Refuge last year gave me that tip. She said she wrote down names places & specific prayer requests having to do with the Refuge for Women as well as the ministry in Lexington that reaches out to the employee's of several local strip clubs. The day of the Taryn's race she wrote 26 prayer requests on her arm and had something to pray about each mile. What an awesome girl! not to mention a great idea!

Im getting excited and I 'm SO thankful for all of the donations that have been coming in for the Refuge for Women. The generosity of friends and family and even acquaintances has blown me away! There are several people I've only met once who sent a check, a well as friends I haven't talked to in years. Those of you who contributed to the Refuge for Women will be in my thoughts and prayers as well, you have added motivation and conviction to do my very best. Although finishing is all that matters I really wish I could beat my PR. Seriously, doesn't everyone wish they could beat their PR if possible? I'm loving my training schedule this week. It's 99% covered in yellow high lighter. Tonight I have a 4 mile run, tomorrow 2...... then the race... BUTTERFLIES!!!!!

5 DAYS.... and counting......


Let's go for a run!

2 comments: