Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The race





This picture was taken at mile 1, fairly obvious by the smile on my face. Ha! It was an honor to run for the Refuge for Women. I'll be eternally grateful for the experience. I learned a lot throughout my training and during the race. This was only my second full marathon but I agree with Runner's World that the Towpath is the most beautiful. This next picture was around mile 14.






The fall leaves were breathtaking the weather was awesome. God is so sweet. He gives us things like trees with leaves that change colors to remind us that He's ALIVE. He is alive and He is the one who changes the leaves from green to yellow to orange to red to brown. I can't do that; so the fact that He can is pretty fascinating to me.





I'm looking forward to the Refuge for Women banquet tonight. It's their second annual event and I didn't get to go last year so I'm really excited to join tonight.

Everyone keeps asking so here it is....4:32 and the clock doesn't lie.... I didn't beat my time from my first full marathon but I did my very best. 4:32 is just a number like 26.2 neither of them define me. My Maker alone defines me.





Let's go for a run!..... You go for a run.... I'm going to sit down for a while. Who wants the baton? Sara, you want the baton? Shannon you want the baton? Jennifer you want the baton? Neile? Andrea? Sharon you want the baton? Who's it going to be?


3 comments:

  1. way to go angie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ang! So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you friend! I am gonna get you some Butterfingers so you have a snack while you sit

    ReplyDelete