Saturday, October 9, 2010

TOMORROW!!!







Sooooo..... the race is tomorrow. I'm really excited. It's kind if hard to believe I'm really going to do this. We're on the way to Cleveland OH. right now. The weather is supposed to be beautiful! in the mid 50's tomorrow morning and low 70's in the afternoon. I've been taking my friend's advice drinking a lot of water. The only bad thing about downing the water is that we're just a little north of Cincinnati and Iv'e made Der stop 3 times already so that I could use the rest room. My head is kind of spinning... I'm hoping that I didn't forget anything, that I don't cramp up or deal with knee pain and praying I don't sleep late like Jean-Paul Jean-Paul. It would be great if I could sleep tonight but not counting on it. I've run 2 mini's and 1 full and didn't sleep a wink the night before. I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve.

I've made my list of 26+++ friends to remember in prayer while I run. Some of them are at the Refuge for Women right now, many of my friends I'm running for are still in the strip clubs. I'll also be praising God for the consistently increasing number of FORMER club employees. I know I'll be thanking God for the inspiring woman who started the ministry in Lexington. We are so grateful for you and your story. Running to restore value..... what an honor.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last FOREVER. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not FIGHT like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


Let's go for a run!

1 comment: