Thursday, September 9, 2010

9 mile treadmill run

Today and yesterday I've run a total of 14 miles on the treadmill, 9 yesterday and 5 today. This is definitely a last resort for me. My schedule is all messed up this week due to being sick and going out o town Friday. I don't mind the heat, cold, rain, or even snow as much as the treadmill. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful for the treadmill. In my personal opinion training for a marathon without one would be risky, especially since I don't belong to a gym. 10 miles is the most I've run on the treadmill and it feels like an eternity. One bonus of the treadmill is that it is good mental training in boredom.

We bought our treadmill about 5 years ago right before my first mini. It was on sale at Sears, one of the cheapest treadmills you can find. I've trained for 2 mini's and now 2 full's on the Weslo Cadence 78e. It's been good to me, although today it started squeaking and smelling a bit like melted plastic.

Some women dream of driving a fancy car and I agree that would be kind of fun, but I would choose a top of the line treadmill over a fancy car if I had to choose. Or maybe I would take the car sell it and buy a nice treadmill and give the rest to the Refuge for Women.

Some women dream of wearing designer clothes and diamonds. My dream would be to have a wardrobe of running clothes for every season as well as accessories, (running accessories) that is. However, Derrick did spoil me rotten and let me buy 2 new pairs of running shoes this spring.

Let's go for a run! OUTSIDE!!






2 comments:

  1. In the top picture, I love all the books and toys around the floor of the treadmill! - Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh - totally agree on the fully stocked running wardrobe and accessories! Who needs jewelry when you have awesome running shoes and shorts??? :)

    Becca C.

    ReplyDelete