Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jon Bon

I've been reminiscing about my first marathon in hopes to try to somewhat mentally prepare myself. It's weird even though I've done it once; past experience is not going to carry me over the finish line 3 years later. I remember getting Jon Bon Jovi's "livin' on a prayer" stuck in my head when the full marathon runners split from the half marathon runners.

"Whooaaaaaa! We´re half way there
Whooooaaaa! Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand- we´ll make it - I swear
Whooaaaa! Livin' on a prayer"

Which reminded me I need to come up with a playlist for the race. I run without music 90% of the time. I didn't use an iPod for my first race because they said it wasn't allowed. I was so mad that I didn't break the rules when I noticed people with their headphones on jammin. I guess I'll take my iPhone and figure it out when I get there.

I've tried to train myself in boredom by not listening to music and doing most of my running right in my neighborhood. I guess I'll find out if it helped on race day. I don't see how it can hurt. The Towpath marathon was rated the most beautiful marathon as far as scenery, although the route is one way 13.1 miles and back the same exact 13.1 in reverse. I'm hoping that doesn't mess with me mentally.

Any ideas on good running music? I know Zach Bolen's "Be Team" will be on my marathon playlist!


Let's go for a run!

8 comments:

  1. David Crowder- the church music album. It would be awesome worship music while running..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says "Houses of the Holy" by LEd zeppelin. U will love it & Remember we R with u. Every step of the Race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Eyed Peas will get you moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool Dad! Thanks! I love you. I'll go ahead and add Free Bird as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the Crowder church music Cd. I love the happy song! This is good stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way Dad, I know that "free bird" is Lynyrd Skynyrd and not the Led. You taught me well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teach, your children well...........hmmmmmhmmmm
    Don't you ever ask them why
    If they told you, you would die
    So just look at them and sigh
    And know they love you.
    Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young)

    ReplyDelete