Thursday, September 2, 2010

Perpetual People Pleasing Pandaemonium

"Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Colossians 3:24

This verse was really encouraging to me this morning. I've been reflecting a lot about the concept of what God thinks of me. I hate to admit that I'm by nature a people pleaser. I don't want to let anyone down.

I pridefully think I can do it all. I've heard people say "God won't give you more than you can handle." Have you ever heard that? I think we can take on more than we can handle.
If I stay focused and work with one desire to please the Lord I won't fall into the people pleasing mindset.

I also love Galatians 6:5
"Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life."

This reminds me to find my identity, value, worth and purpose in Jesus not in abilities or the lack there of.

No comments:

Post a Comment