Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Loyal Two Timer

Soon after I decided to start a blog to track my journey with Running for the Refuge Derrick and I were talking about his blog and some pointers he learned along the way. If you have not seen my husbands blog you have to check it out, it's family-bike-words.blogspot.com. Der is the funniest, smartest, coolest, most honorable, sweetest, best looking guy in existence. For the record, I apologize to every woman in the world for taking him. If you know Der and I as one, you may have noticed that we are more than slightly delusional in our perspective/ opinion of one another, which makes our marriage work so well.

Back to Der's tips for getting "some good word of mouth going" about my blog. He said his blog got a lot more hits after one of his favorite bike brands Xtracycle @ mentioned him on twitter. Der suggested I tweet about how much I love my running shoes and @ mention Asics. I've tried over and over to come up with 140 characters to convey the confidence I have in knowing that I'm wearing the right shoe before the big race.... The only problem is.... I confess.....I have TWO favorite brands of running shoes! I just couldn't @ mention one brand and not the other. I can't pick one favorite pair. Der took a picture of my Asics and put it on my blog. They just happened to be the first pair I could find when Der asked me to grab them. I trade off between my Asics and my Mizuno's.

It all goes back to my freakish feet. They are shockingly narrow. My toes look like the average persons fingers. Need I mention an arch like the one in St. Louis? I need a good fit which astonishingly..... my Mizuno's provide. What would I do without Johns Run Walk Shop? I would be in bad shape. I also need extra cushioning for my knees which my Asics (cumulus 12) provide. I wear both. I love both. My knees feel great. My feet are in great shape in comparison to my last race. I'm a loyal two timer when it comes to my running shoes. Please! someone tell me you have freakish feet too!









Let's go for a run!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! You crack me up! Arch like St. Louis?! haha Toes like average person's fingers!Lol!!!! yea right! My toes look like sausages if that makes you feel better! haha So, we can be freaks together:)!!

    ReplyDelete