Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Race T's

Don't you love your race T-shirts? I love mine. I've only run one full marathon and 2 mini's but I hope to some day have a whole drawer full of race shirts. I remember wearing my T-shirt from my first half for almost a week straight soon after Clive (my second) was born. It's tough post baby being unable to run for 6 weeks, not that I would have been capable. I remember somehow that gross shirt gave me hope. Not hope in the shirt itself, running, or even hope in myself. I found hope in someone bigger and stronger than myself, I found hope in the fact that...

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

I was reminded of that verse every time I looked at my race shirt. I



trusted that I could take care of 2 babies, I could figure out how to get all of that laundry done, I could get the bills done, I could be a good wife, all through Christ who strengthens me.

That verse along with Nehemiah 8:10 have been my life line through hard times.

Nehemiah 8:10 says,
"The joy of the LORD is your strength."


Let's go for a run!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog Ang! I'm proud to know you and so excited to see how the Lord is going to use all those miles. Go!!!
    -neile :)

    ReplyDelete