Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"she will not fall"

This past week I began to feel like I couldn't possibly try any harder to succeed at every aspect of my life but couldn't be failing all together any worse. After feeling overwhelmed I finally surrender. In my own words it's usually,


"I can't do this, I give up". Not the marathon of course, this is just a phrase I tend to say when I feel like I'm at the end of my rope.  I surrender and "give up" my illusion of being in control of my life.


The ton of bricks is lifted from my back and I ask myself.


"Why in the WORLD did I try to carry that ton of bricks? What an idiot!"


I realize someone much stronger has been walking beside me asking if I need help with those bricks. Thank you Jesus that you haven't left us un this world to carry our own bricks! Thank you Jesus that you don't scold us when we screw up or distrust you. Thank you Jesus that you never ask us to try harder, work more, or do better. You gently ask.


"Need a hand with those bricks? They look really heavy."


Yes LORD I need a MIGHTY hand! I trust you.


Psalm 46:10
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.



Let's go for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment