Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Always

Today I've been thinking about my favorite places to run. I'm not well traveled so most of my running has taken place in KY. I went to school in Cincinnati for a few years and found some fun places to run there. I used to start out in down town Cincinnati at "the wall" and run the bridges back and forth from Cincinnati to Newport (Northern KY.) That was fun and there was always a lot to see.

My parents house is surrounded by farmland. The scenery on my old running route is full of big trees, wooded land and open fields. Pretty lakes and ponds are everywhere you look. I was never alone when I ran around my parents house. All kinds of creatures kept me company along the way; ostriches, huge bulls, cows, horses, sheep and llamas are just a few.

Once I was running on part of the road that is hidden between thick woods on both sides. In a split second I came face to face with a giant buck with antlers bigger than me. I froze and began to replay a video I had seen of a man getting marred by a deer that wanted to box. Thankfully this beast of a buck was just as scared of me as I was of him and jumped back into the woods. I've leapt over snakes been chased by wild dogs, prayed when a doberman pinscher guard dog escaped from his fenced in yard. I love nature!

I also love to run around Cherokee and Seneca park in Louisville. These are my all time favorite places to run. I'm getting to know Lexington better now that we've lived here 5 years. I really like the multi use path along 68. That's where I did my 20 miler on Saturday.

My running routes remind me of a gift my always (Derrick) gave me. It's pictures he took along his bike route. Each picture resembles a letter from my name. You can't tell from the picture but the notebook paper says "a view from my bike.. Bone of my bone & flesh of my flesh. You're with me everywhere I go." I know ladies, I am SO BLESSED.





Let's go for a run!

2 comments: