Monday, September 27, 2010

Socially Acceptable?

On my run yesterday I didn't think twice before aggressively shooting out a snot rocket. I'm really exposing how lady like I truly am on this blog. Did I mention I was in my neighborhood? I guess I've lost all awareness of normal manners outside of marathon training. I fully believe that if any of my neighbors saw me they would understand if I told them I was on mile 7 of a 12 mile run. Or maybe they wouldn't understand. I began to think about the many fun things that are only "socially acceptable" and even PRAISED, mind you...... in a marathon. So here's my top 10 funniest things that are "socially acceptable" only in a race.

1). Adults peeing their pants....

2). Men with bloody nipples.....
If you aren't a runner before you judge me let me explain....... men+ cotton T-shirts+ marathon= bloody nipples. DUDES, do not forget your band-aids!

3). Littering.....
There's just something about opening a brand new bottle of water poring it on your head and throwing right on the ground that makes me feel like a real professional.

4). Snot rockets.

5). Hocking loogies

6). Mutant B.O.
I've smelled some bad B.O. during races before, but I much prefer it to strong perfume. Ladies, if you are going to run 13.1 mi.+, you are going to stink. Save the perfume for later, it's like breathing in toxic fumes for your fellow runners. We would much prefer your B.O.! "what am I hard of smelling?"-Elaine

7). Sharing a water bottle or energy gel with a complete stranger.

8). Grown adults throwing a tantrum like a toddler.

9). Dressing up like Elvis- (Louisville)

10). Public display of puking

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! This is fabulous, love it, totally cracked me up. I did the throwing water on my head in the L'ville mini and then chucked the cup on the ground...you're right, it does feel GREAT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny Abs. Love your laugh!

    ReplyDelete