Friday, September 24, 2010

Love/ Hate

Today is a rest day and I'm glad, I needed it! As my training is coming to an end it is bitter sweet. This marathon as well as my first have been kind of a love/ hate relationship. I remember in college when Derrick and I were just friends, I sarcastically told my Mom I hated him. She said,

"There's a fine line between love and hate."

She was right. She knew Derrick was the one and knew I loved him before I even realized it. I hated him because I truly loved him and we were not dating. The hate disappeared when I knew we would be together until death do us part. Our "worlds collided",as Costanza puts it, and I married my best friend.


My passion for running is nothing in comparison to my love for Derrick and our kids. I love running and I would even say I love every aspect of mini marathons. At this point for me personally full marathons are a love/ hate relationship. After my first mini I didn't exercise PERIOD.... for a month. I kept telling myself;

"Well I ran 13.1 miles a few days ago..... a few weeks ago..... Oh, a month ago maybe I better start moving."

I'm sure I'll start some kind of doughnut/ sloth regimen after the race is over but I'm thankful for the experience, high's and low's alike.


Let's go for a run!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you yougins' Love your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! I finally figured out how to post a comment. It just takes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post and even more fun picture of you and Derrick looking like you're 12! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete